This is a graphic short story about one of my favorite monitoring methods: photo-identification!
It's used for many species, including dolphins 🐬 and whales 🐋 and sevengill sharks,
- What is Photo-Identification?
- Identifying Humpback Whales
- Identifying Bottlenose Dolphins
- Unique Patterns on Dolphins
- Survey Data: Pictures and Other Important Data
- Comparing Photos to Identify Individuals
- Tracking an Individual Over Time
- Population Assessment and Monitoring
- Non-invasive Method of Identification and Monitoring
The Blue Biologist
About the instructor
Also know as The Blue Biologist has Master Degrees in both Envinromental Engineering and Marin Biology.
She is a passionate marine biologist drawing comic strips and illustrations.
You can find her on Facebook @thebluebiologist